Ok Mommies.... There is also many benefits of breastfeeding for not only for your little one but also you! Here are the benefits for you....
1. Breastfeeding is great for your figure! Studies have shown that breastfeeding your baby will help you shred those pregnancy pounds more quickly than formula feeding. You can burn up to 500 calories extra a day with breastfeeding.
2. Breastfeeding reduces your risk against Breast Cancer, Ovarian Cancer and Uterine Cancer.
3. Protection against Osteoporosis. Breastfeeding mothers increase their bone mineral density later in life. With denser bones this protects you against fracture of the hip and other sites.
4. Breastfeeding promotes less chance of postpartum depression and anxiety.
5. Cost effective!!!Have you ever priced formula? Its like $30 a can, and who knows how long that last you. It cost around $1,200 to formula feed your baby (not counting the increases in food cost). Why not provide something that is free? Spend that $1,200 on a family vacation :)
For more information check out this websitehttp://www.askdrsears.com/html/2/T020100.asp
Information here referenced from the book "The Complete Book Of Breastfeeding" by Marvin S. Eiger M.D. & Sally Wendkos Olds